Education for Heath Care Professionals
The team at Pain Options, led by Darren Beales And Tim Mitchell are industry leaders in the education of health professionals.
Both have taught extensively at university level for under-graduate and post-graduate Physiotherapists. They also have provided professional development across Australia and internationally.
Our education approach combines latest research evidence, practical demonstration and skill acquisition, case studies and live patient demonstrations to facilitate skill implementation into practice.
Areas of Physiotherapy education expertise include
- Clinical reasoning skills
- Management of acute musculoskeletal disorders
- Chronic pain management
- Specific exercise prescription
- Manual therapy skills
- Low back pain & pelvic girdle pain
Education for the Insurance Sector
We are also involved in education for medical and non-medical stakeholders in the workers’ compensation sector, and have conducted published research in this area.
- Understanding musculoskeletal injuries & diagnostic scans
- Understanding pain
- Identification of barriers to recovery
- Optimising outcomes for injured workers
- Early intervention strategies
- Communication skills